Why is FSSAI Registration Required?
The requirement of FSSAI registration is very important since it ensures and maintains the food quality levels which ultimately provide satisfaction to consumers. Every food business operator which is involved in the business of manufacturing, processing, storage distribution and sale of food products must compulsorily obtain FSSAI Registration or License.
It is a 14-digit registration or a license number which is printed on all the food packages manufactured by the businesses. This registration procedure is aimed to create more accountability on the FBO to maintain the quality and standard of the food products. The FSSAI registration or license is generally based on the business volume and premises. FSSAI registration can fall under any one of the below three categories:
- Central License
- State License
- Basic Registration
FSSAI which stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an organization which is responsible for monitoring and governing the food business in India. It ensures that the food products undergo proper quality checks thereby curtailing the food adulteration and sale of sub-standard products.
It is responsible for registering and licensing of the food business operators (FBO) in India and lays down the rules and regulation for running the food business in India.
Is FSSAI registration mandatory?
Yes, it is very important and mandatory. Swaritadvisors has a team of professionals who help you to get the registration quickly and successfully.
Requirements for FSSAI Registration
FSSAI Registration is a basic license and it is required for all the FBO involved in the small-scale food business. This category covers the following business
- Any FBO with an annual turnover of not more than Rs. 12 Lakhs
- Petty retailer dealing in food products
- Any person who manufactures or sells any food article by himself
- Food sale is done by the temporary stall holder
- Any individual who distributes food in any religious or social gathering except a caterer
- Small-scale or cottage industries dealing in the food business
Steps for Obtaining FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI registration is obtained by submitting an application under Form A to food and safety department.
- This application may be accepted or it may get rejected by the Department within 7 days from the application date and the fact has to be intimated to the applicant in writing
- If the application is accepted, then a registration certificate will be granted by the Department with the registration number and the photo of the applicant.
- FBO should prominently display the certificate of registration at the place of business during the business hours.
Documents required for obtaining FSSAI registration
- Form B which must be completely filled and signed
- Photograph and Identity proof of FBO
- Proof of possession of premises (e.g. Rental Agreement )
- Articles of Association/ Memorandum of Association Partnership Deed / Certificate of Incorporation etc
- List of food products manufactured or to be dealt with
- Food safety management system plan
If you are planning to obtain an FSSAI License, then contact Swarit Advisors, India's no. 1 consultant. We have a team of well-versed and experienced staffs to help you with various registration processes and queries. The author is an expert on an FSSAI registration, visit here for more interesting information